THE ROYAL WINNIPEG BALLET IS SEEKING A CLEANER TO JOIN OUR TEAM
The Cleaner is responsible for the cleanliness of the building, ensuring it is maintained and kept in orderly conditions. This position will work cooperatively with evening Security personnel and provide assistance to building occupants as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service, clean, and stock restrooms.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Gather and empty garbage and recycling bins.
- Maintain building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming.
- Maintain the cleanliness of public areas, ensuring they are kept neat and tidy.
- Adhere to procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
- Prepare cleaning solutions in accordance to specifications.
- Ensure the safe and sanitary storage of products.
- Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job.
- Provide First Aid as needed.
- Assist Security personnel in emergency situations.
- Provide direction and assistance to building occupants as required.
- Perform closing duties of the building, ensuring all occupants have exited.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a physical position that requires considerable use of arms and legs along with whole body movement such as climbing, lifting, walking, bending and handling of materials. Due to the nature of this position, working conditions may not always be favorable with exposure to cleaning chemicals, dust, dirt, and grease. The hours of this position will be primarily in the evenings from 8:00pm – 11:00pm during the week.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma.
- General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies, and techniques used for cleaning.
- Previous cleaning experience in a school or office setting a strong asset.
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety an asset.
- First Aid certification a strong asset, or the willingness to obtain.
- Experience with emergency/first aid situation desirable.
- Clear Child Abuse Registry check.
- Clear Criminal Record check.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assigned tasks/duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to follow verbal and written direction.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
Qualified, interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Kara Neilson at email@example.com by end of business day Monday February 26, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.