ExplorAbility for Parkinson’s
ExplorAbility for Parkinson’s is a dance program which makes dance accessible to for all ages and abilities and is focused on developing rhythm, body awareness, coordination, posture, alignment, and self-expression, all in a fun, creative and supportive setting.
Current research has proven that dance encourages physical improvements in gait, posture, and balance along with social engagement and quality of life in people living with Parkinson’s Disease.
2021 Class Schedule
Online Zoom Classes
FRIDAYS | 1PM - 2:15PM CST
with Jacqui Ladwig
*Session begins March 26th
Things to know
- Caregivers/partners are welcome attend and participate in the program at no additional cost!
- All classes begin with seated dancing and progress to standing, then travelling sequences.
- Seated options are provided for those who prefer to continue dancing in a seated position.
- The class is designed to engage participants cognitively, physically and creatively through a variety of music and dance styles.
- Comfortable attire is recommended. Footwear may be soft dance slippers/shoes, socks, or clean street shoes/runners (no outdoor footwear please)
- It is recommended that participants speak to their healthcare provider before registering for the program.
Wheelchairs, walkers and other devices are welcome. With advance notice, ASL assistance may be arranged for the hearing impaired.
**Research can be referenced by (Shanahan et al., 2015; Foster et al., 2013; Heiberger, 2011)
What participants are saying…
“It was a fun way to help with my balance!”
“I liked the emphasis on posture, and I found the activities helped with coordination.”
Please contact the School Office for more information: