Hours: 40 hours per week
The Maintenance Assistant performs a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled building maintenance and repair as well as minimal cleaning duties. This position performs maintenance and mechanical duties for assigned buildings and related facilities, furnishings, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair structures, furniture, equipment, floor surfaces, doors, locks and other related items
- Build and install cabinets, partitions and shelves
- Install floor coverings, acoustical ceilings and window glass
- Repair faucets, sewers, plumbing, minor boiler room equipment, pumps, check valves, heating and ventilating systems
- Minor electrical maintenance required
- Paint interior and exterior of the building as requested
- Install dry wall, including mudding, taping and sanding
- Pour and finish concrete
- Provide cost estimates of materials, labor and time required for projects
- Operate light automotive equipment for travel to facilities and transportation of materials, furniture and equipment
- Provide supervision, training, and assistance to others as required
- Perform minimal cleaning duties as required
- Travel to the shop warehouse to check the building and perform minor mechanical and cleaning duties
- Other duties as assigned
This position may require working outside, at times in inclement weather, with exposure to water, dust, dirt, grease, paint fumes, chemicals, and equipment noise/vibration. Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying of up to 100 pounds with assistance may be required. This position frequently bends, kneels, crouches and reaches with time spent climbing and walking. The Maintenance Assistant is required to drive and operate vehicles and machinery such as a truck or forklift. The schedule of this position usually consists of days and alternate weekends with early morning start times. Some evenings may be required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- One-year experience at a Journeyman level in a building trade such as carpentry, painting, masonry, or electrical; an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience may be considered.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including email, word and excel
- Knowledge of materials, tools, methods, and equipment used in a building trades as well as repair and maintenance methods for structures, furnishings, and equipment
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assigned tasks/duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to apply basic math skills and measurements
- Capable of working from plans and specifications and follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated to provide outstanding customer service
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to Kara Neilson at email@example.com by end of day Friday September 20, 2019 for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note as part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background check and Child Abuse Registry check.