PART-TIME RECREATIONAL DIVISION TEACHER – HIP HOP
Department: School Faculty
Hours: 0-19 hours per week
A part-time Recreational Division Teacher is responsible for the consistent instruction of dance classes, choreography, and rehearsals for performances of several levels and age groups. This position is as a member of the School Artistic Faculty and is required to be familiar with and conduct themselves in accordance with the strategic and business plan objectives of the RWB School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach classes during Regular and Summer Sessions.
- Prepare choreography for festivals, competitions, recitals, and conduct rehearsals.
- Support the development and implementation of curriculums.
- Work to ensure artistic standards are met.
- Participate in pedagogical meetings and work-groups.
- Attend workshops and conventions as required and stay informed of changes in the field.
- Participate in the audition, interview, and casting process as required.
- Prepare students for exams as required
- Conduct classes with professionalism, ensure they begin and end on time.
- Attend RWB Company and School performances.
- Prepare report cards, student assessment forms, and letters of reference as required.
- Ensure appropriate, positive, and fair student evaluations.
- Participate and contribute to short and long-term planning sessions.
- Participate in the annual registration process.
- Ensure administrative deadlines are met.
- Attend all applicable meetings.
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Maintain open and honest communication with the Recreational Division Principal and forward concerns as appropriate.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with parents, students, and staff.
- Maximize communication opportunities with parents.
- Maximize communication opportunities with teaching colleagues to ensure consistency of material being taught.
- Ensure all communications and actions support, protect and nurture the brand of the RWB School.
- Ensure all written correspondence with parents is approved by the Recreational Division Principal.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position works evenings and weekends in a studio setting interacting with, observing, and supporting students. This position also works with standard office equipment and sits for periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision making.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum five years experience as a hip-hop dance teacher or dancer.
- Experience choreographing for festivals, competitions, and recitals.
- Experience teaching several levels, age groups, and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
- Clear Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check required.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Strategic thinker with sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of professional conduct and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Strong team member, productively engaging with others at varying levels of seniority.
- Solid time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication, customer service, and relationship-management skills to build and maintain credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
- High level of integrity and use of sound judgement
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified for this position, apply to Nicole Kepp at email@example.com. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note as part of the hiring process at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Background check and Child Abuse Registry check.