Professional Ballet Teacher
Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet School – Winnipeg, MB
Job Title: Senior Ballet Teacher
Department: School Artistic
Reports to: School Director
Status: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Founded in 1970 by celebrated teacher and former Royal Winnipeg Ballet Principal Dancer David Moroni, C.M., Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet School Professional Division is internationally recognized as a centre for dance excellence. Under the direction of Arlene Minkhorst, the RWB School’s mandate is to provide the Royal Winnipeg Ballet Company (Artistic Director André Lewis), and companies around the world, with the best-trained dancers and dance teachers, who have the flexibility to perform and teach a wide variety of dance styles, are well rounded and healthy individuals, and are capable of enjoying long and fulfilling careers.
The Senior Ballet Teacher reports to the School Director and is responsible for teaching vocational ballet classes, creating and/or setting choreography, and running rehearsals for several levels and age groups.
The Senior Ballet Teacher participates as a member of the School Artistic Faculty to ensure the effective delivery of programming and that the school’s strategic and business plan objectives are met.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and rehearse in the school
- Audition students
- Grade and evaluate students in class and during exams
- Cast students in appropriate works for performances
- • Produce, restage, direct and choreograph performances, projects and exams as required.
- Teach classes with utmost professionalism
- • Begin and end classes at their scheduled times.
- • Be present when your class is performing or rehearsing unless prior arrangements have been approved by the School Director.
- Attend all meetings of the School scheduled by the Principal or program directors
- Prepare report cards, student assessment forms and letters of reference as required
- Ensure that appropriate, positive and fair evaluations are given to students on their report cards
- Participate and contribute to short-term and long-range planning sessions
- Other duties as assigned by the School Director
Communication and Relationships
- Maintain open and honest communication with the School Director
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with parents, students, artistic staff, administrative staff and musical staff
- Forward any and all concerns directly to the School Director
- Ensure that administrative deadlines are met
- Maximize communication opportunities with parents
- Maximize communication opportunities with colleagues in the teaching staff to ensure consistency with respect to the material being taught
Project Coordination and Leadership
- Ensure the smooth coordination of projects to be overseen by the Teacher as assigned by the School Director and ensure that all respective deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all communications and actions support, protect and nurture the brand of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School.
- Ensure that all written correspondence with parents is approved by the School Director.
This position works in a studio setting interacting with, observing, and supporting students. This position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with changing/shifting priorities, and timely decision making. This position also utilizes general office equipment as necessary.
The Senior Ballet Teacher reports to the School Director and is responsible for teaching vocational ballet classes, creating and/or setting choreography, and running rehearsals for several levels and age groups. The Senior Ballet Teacher participates as a member of the School Artistic Faculty to ensure the effective delivery of programming and that the school’s strategic and business plan objectives are met.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by email to RWB School Director Arlene Minkhorst at firstname.lastname@example.org