PROFESSIONAL BALLET TEACHER
Department: School Artistic-Professional Division
Hours: 40 hours/week
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
A Professional Ballet Teacher is responsible for the consistent instruction of dance classes, choreography and/or rehearsals for performances for several levels and age groups. A Professional Ballet Teacher will be familiar with and will conduct themselves according to the strategic and business plan objectives of the School.
Delivering an exceptional customer service experience in person, via email, and over the phone this position provides information concerning RWB School programs, classes and activities to parents and students. This position provides further administrative support to School Registrars, School Faculty, Principals, and Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach and rehearse in the school.
- Audition students.
- Grade and evaluate students in class and during exams.
- Cast students in appropriate works for performances.
- Produce, re-stage, direct,and choreograph performances, projects and exams as required.
- Teach classes with utmost professionalism.
- Begin and end classes at their scheduled times.
- Be present when your class is performing or rehearsing unless prior arrangements have been approved by the School Director.
- Attend all meetings of the school scheduled by the School Director, Principal or Program Directors.
- Prepare report cards,student assessment forms, and letters of reference as required.
- Ensure appropriate, positive,and fair evaluations are given to every student on their report cards.
- Participate and contribute to short term and long-rangeplanning sessions.
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Maintain open and honest communication with the School Director.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with parents, students, artistic staff, administrative staff,and musical staff.
- Forward allconcerns directly to the School Director.
- Ensure administrative deadlines are met.
- Maximize communication opportunities with parents.
- Maximize communication opportunities with colleagues in the teaching staff to ensure consistency with respect to the material being taught.
- Ensure the smooth coordination of projects to be overseen by the Teacher as assigned by the School Director and ensure all respective deadlines are met.
- Ensure all communications and actions support, protect,and nurture the brand of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School.
- Ensure all written correspondence with parents is approved by the School Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position works in a studio setting interacting with, observing, and supporting students and occasionally works outside of regular office hours, in the evenings and weekends.
This position also works with standard office equipment and sits for periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision making are the keys to success in this position.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Background in the Russian system of classical ballet.
- Ability to teach several levels and age groups.
- Experience as a professional ballet teacher and/or professional ballet dancer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word an asset.
- Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
- Clear Child Abuse Registry Checkand Criminal Background Check.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of professionalism, integrity,and discretion.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation,and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong team member, productively engaging with various levels of seniority.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking,and decision-making skills.
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-management skills alongside the ability to build and maintain credibility with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills an asset.
If you are qualified for this position, apply to Meghan Thiessen at firstname.lastname@example.org.Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Open until Filled
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.