What To Expect
- Students are asked to arrive one hour before their audition start time. This gives enough time to register or check in and warm up. It can be stressful for students if they are late and feel rushed.
- All students are asked to bring a photograph of themselves facing front, showing a tendu in second position, with arms in second position. A photo can be taken at the audition for an extra $5 CAD, to be paid at that time. Please do NOT send photos and/or payment for photos in the mail or by email.
- Audition classes generally run for one hour and are conducted by members of the RWB School artistic faculty. Applicants audition as a group and will be assessed on talent, aptitude for classical dance, flexibility, coordination, musicality and artistry of motion, and a demonstrated passion for dance.
- Students are encouraged to make some time before their audition class to warm up and stretch; we suggest at least 30 minutes!
- When it’s time to join the virtual audition class, students may click on the Zoom link that was forwarded to them at the time of registration.
- Virtual audition classes will run for one hour and will be conducted by a member of the RWB School artistic faculty. Please note that a second member of the artistic faculty will be observing. Students audition as a group and will be assessed on talent, aptitude for classical dance, flexibility, coordination, musicality and artistry of motion, and a demonstrated passion for dance.
- Virtual auditions will be limited to 25 students.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR:
In-person & Virtual Auditions:
- Students are asked to wear a leotard (bodysuit), tights and soft shoes for their audition class. Pointe shoes are not required.
- Students who do not have soft ballet slippers and/or leotard and/or tights are still encouraged to attend the auditions and wear socks and tight-fitting clothes that will allow them to move. Please wear long hair in a tight bun if possible, or off the face.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle.