What To Expect
- Students should make some time before their audition class to warm up and stretch; we suggest at least 30 minutes!
- When it’s time to join the virtual audition class, students may click on the Zoom link that was forwarded to them when they pre-registered.
- Audition classes will run one hour in length and be conducted by either a member of the School’s artistic faculty, or one of the RWB Company dancers. Please note an additional artistic faculty member will be observing.
- Online auditions studios will be limited to 15 students.
- Students will be assessed on talent, aptitude for classical dance, flexibility, coordination, musicality and artistry of motion and a demonstrated passion for dance.
- Following the audition class, there will be a 15-minute water/bathroom/snack break before the Q & A. Students may join the live Q & A session by clicking on the link that was forwarded to them when they pre-registered. Students are free to ask questions or sit and listen – parents welcome!
What should I wear?
- Students should wear a leotard (bodysuit), tights and soft shoes for their audition class. Pointe shoes are not required.
- Girls should have their hair in a tight bun and boys with long hair should wear it off their face.
- All students must print the number that was forwarded to them following registration, and pin it to the front of their leotard or t-shirt.
- Students are encouraged to have a water bottle nearby.